Package manager download progress lags

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
thunderkiss65
Level 1
Level 1

Package manager download progress lags

Post by thunderkiss65 »

I just installed Mint 11 Katya 64 bit. I came from Ubuntu Lucid.

When I run the package manager, whether it is synaptic or the "Install codecs" tool or the driver tool, the download progress seems frozen, then it updates. only like every 5 or 10 seconds, but this doesn't happen while downloading package information. It shows progress smoothly then. The download itself doesnt freeze, only the download visual indicator.

Has anyone else happened upon this little annoying inconvenience? My internet connection is dial up but that should be irrelevant. Like I said, the package info update works just fine and I had no problems with this in ubuntu.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
john12741

Re: Package manager download progress lags

Post by john12741 »

I have a similar problem with Kat.32 bit distro.
In Software Manager I type one letter in the Search Box and everything freezes and I have to force exit to get out.
It is not a big problem but would be interested if a simple fix is to be found.

john12741.
thunderkiss65
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Package manager download progress lags

Post by thunderkiss65 »

John that has happened a couple times here too. Also, now and then, gdm only lists my account in the login screen, even though there are others. I have to restart.

Return to “Software & Applications”