Teatime ! [re-opened]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
amnesix

Teatime ! [re-opened]

Post by amnesix »

I know, it's somehow stupid, but there is one piece of software without which I *can't live* : it's called teatime. It's an applet. It lives on the top bar. Left from the clock.

My question : is there is a way to use teatime with Mint 12 ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
coolpup

Re: Teatime !

Post by coolpup »

amnesix wrote:I know, it's somehow stupid, but there is one piece of software without which I *can't live* : it's called teatime. It's an applet. It lives on the top bar. Left from the clock.

My question : is there is a way to use teatime with Mint 12 ?
What does it do, and where can it be found?
configX

Post by configX »

Is it just a timer? Would an application suffice? Sounds like something I might like too.
amnesix

Post by amnesix »

Yes, it's just a timer. I noticed it is *not* present in the repositories anymore... this is definitely a revolution, that Mint 12. I installed teatime on my very Linux (Madrake, now Mandriva) in 2000.
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Post by dagon »

http://www.rojtberg.net/450/teatime-upd ... r-oneiric/
edit: Yeah, this looks like the right package. It's the developers ppa I think. Could have bugs in it though.
amnesix

Post by amnesix »

Hey, Dagon, you made my day ! Or at least one part of my day ! (no icon, no graphic progression), but I definitely can use teatime. Thank you !
amnesix

Re: Teatime ! [re-opened]

Post by amnesix »

The "Unity" version for Teatime works, but it lacks any kind of flair.

Someone pointed to me this page with some extensions for Gnome-Shell :
http://titok.info/gnome-shell-extensions/

And there, wonder, there is even "teatimer" :
http://titok.info/gnome-shell-extension ... .0.1.3.zip

Now this would nice ! But it now I have another problem : I download the extension, copy in the correct directory (~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/), then make "Alt-F2", press "r"... and nothing happens.

There is even no mention of the extension when I use the "advanced settings" program.

Does anyone have an idea of why ?
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Post by dagon »

amnesix wrote:The "Unity" version for Teatime works, but it lacks any kind of flair.
First of all, it looks like Pavel Rojtberg's ppa was updated just three days ago. Did you update your package and try this?

I don't know about these extensions but...
I download the extension, copy in the correct directory (~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/)
Well. The instruction says:
Extract to ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/ and press [Alt+F2] [r] [Enter] to install.
Or use gnome-tweak-tool.
Did you extract/unzip the files?
amnesix

Post by amnesix »

Yes, I did extract. :)
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Post by dagon »

Then why wont the little gnome obey?