Help with Rcmdr

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lahirdenganselamat
Level 4
Level 4

Help with Rcmdr

Post by lahirdenganselamat »

Recently I installed Rcmdr and found that the R commander can only be launched from R console. It means that the R Commander shortcut on the mintMenu was unuseable right? If it clicked, it just saying : Failed to execute child process "sh -c 'R_DEFAULT_PACKAGES=" (No such file or directory). I can get used to launch Rcmdr from R console, but if there is a way to launch it from the menu (without typing anything) it would be great.
Any help?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lahirdenganselamat
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Help with Rcmdr

Found something about it this day,
I make a launcher to Rcmdr with this command

Code: Select all

sh -c 'R_DEFAULT_PACKAGES="$R_DEFAULT_PACKAGES Rcmdr" R "$@"' 
on my desktop. The command was exactly the same with the launcher on mintMenu. But the one I created on desktop can make R commander launch and the one on mintMenu cannot (as the report above).
I do make the launcher properties just the same, on the launcher type, I select application on terminal, the command like above, etc. It just exactly the same as the one on mintMenu.
My question is, what makes my launcher works and default launcher doesn't?

I really hoping that anyone will answer this post. Kind of sad to see my previous "asking" post get unanswered. :D
lahirdenganselamat
Level 4
Level 4

Sundul gan!!
Kermudjin

Post by Kermudjin »

I have the same experience. In fact, if you right-click R Commander on the mint menu, there is an option to add the launcher to the desktop. The exact same launcher works from the desktop but not from the menu. Therefore, it must be an idiosyncracy in how the mint menus work.
lahirdenganselamat
Level 4
Level 4

Finally, someone answering my post :D thanks Kermudjin

Because you also reporting the same problem, I'd try to install Rcmdr on different distro, to see the error comes from my Mint 11, my gnome 2.3 or others factor. I'll report here soon.

What Mint version do you have Kermudjin?

Return to “Software & Applications”