Mint 10 freezes and no windows in panel

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
edtheuniquegeek

Mint 10 freezes and no windows in panel

Post by edtheuniquegeek »

Forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere but I searched the forums and was not able to find what I am looking for.
I've been using Mint 10 Main Edition on my desktop since early 2011. As of the past week or so, since some updates were downloaded and installed, my system randomly freezes. Most of the time it happens is when it has been idle for more than a couple of minutes. Also, I noticed that whenever I open applications the window in the bottom panel are not there for me to select and switch between.
Has this behavior been happening across the board on systems since whatever updates were released a few days ago?
I wish I could tell you what updates they were as I did not pay close attention or know how to pull logs to show what updates were installed.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
edtheuniquegeek

Re: Mint 10 freezes and no windows in panel

Bump

I'm still experiencing issues.
edtheuniquegeek

Bump

Please help.
The freezing is not as frequent but I still can't see open windows in the panel.
edtheuniquegeek

Bump
edtheuniquegeek

BUMP

Okay, so I don't see my system freezing up as often, and lately not at all. So, maybe that has been fixed. But I still can't see open applications/windows in the panel.
Can someone at least please assist me with this?
edtheuniquegeek

BUMP

Return to “Software & Applications”