Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
kaero91
Level 1
Level 1

Music Player Problem

Post by kaero91 »

there are problems on me. when i played a playlist for a long time for two hour for example, the system goes crashed. the same problem goes to all the audio player in my system that is rhythmbox, amarok and banshee. until now i am not sure what the real problem is. some one may help me?

msx_
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Music Player Problem

Post by msx_ »

Hi, please define what type of crash do you experiment with much detail as you can, it's hard to diagnose something without knowing what happening :roll:
About the crash itself, dmesg[0] is your best friend here. To have a clear idea about what might be happening, start playing your music as usual until the system crash. When regain control of your system post here the last 150 lines of your dmesg log:
$ tail -n150 /var/log/dmesg (copy this output here between CODE tags)

BTW, what kind of music are you listening to? Did you think your system may not like it at all? Maybe you should ask it...

[0] $ man dmesg

vanDoom
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Music Player Problem

Post by vanDoom »

Interesting problem...can you give more detail on the crash (was it full system? just the program? did you need to restart? did the system recover?) Also, post some of your log files from

/var/log/Xorg.0.log
/var/log/Xorg.0.log.old
~/.xsession-errors

Return to “Software & Applications”