Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
mikeglaz
Level 2
Level 2

Can't install FireFTP for Firefox

Post by mikeglaz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:28 pm

For some reason I can't install FireFTP from http://fireftp.mozdev.org/ I've been using Ubuntu for years and never had a problem. Now I switched to Linux Mint and I try to install FireFTP, it installs, restarts Firefox and there's nothing in the Tools menu. I tried downloading Firefox from firefox.com vs apt-get and I have the same problem. Anyone witnessed this?

xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Can't install FireFTP for Firefox

Post by xenopeek » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:04 am

FireFTP is not in the tools menu, that is correct. You can add a FireFTP button to your toolbar instead. To do so, either right-click the navigation toolbar and select Customize, or from the Firefox menu select View > Toolbars > Customize. Scroll down, at the end you should find a FireFTP icon. You can drag (left-click + hold) that to your menu toolbar, navigation toolbar or bookmarks toolbar as you want :wink:

Detonate
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Detonate » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:16 am

I used FireFTP for years, but I got aggravated by it breaking when there was an update to Firefox and I would get an error message about the extension not being compatible. And would have to wait for the extension to be updated. I need my FTP client every day to maintain my web pages, So I switched to FileZilla.

mikeglaz
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mikeglaz » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:11 pm

It's not in the Toolbars Customize menu.

xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Post by xenopeek » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:45 am

mikeglaz wrote:It's not in the Toolbars Customize menu.
Then check you have it actually installed. If you go to Tools > Addons > Extensions, is FireFTP listed there? If it is, I suggest you have another look. This is what the icon looks like in the Customize Toolbar icons list:

mikeglaz
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mikeglaz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:10 pm

It's not listed there. I tried installing multiple times and Firefox just tells me that the program will be installed on restart. So I click restart and nothing happens.

Return to “Software & Applications”