How to change number of recent files shown in gedit 3.2.3

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bubblegum

How to change number of recent files shown in gedit 3.2.3

Post by Bubblegum »

Hello,

I installed Linux Mint 12 a couple of months ago. I had been using Ubuntu for some years. I always had been able to access via gconf-editor and modify the numer of recent files shown in gedit. When I first installed Lisa, I think that I was able to go to apps/gedit-2/preferences/ui/recents and do changes in the entries of the right panel. However, now the preferences only show "editor" (it doesn't show "ui"). Even worse, there are no entries in the right panel, which is totally blank for any of the sections for gedit-2. I've just checked the version of gedit I am using, and it is 3.2.3, which could be the reason for right panel to be just blank .

Does anybody know how to change the number of recent files for this version of gedit?

Note 1: I'm using the 'classic' UI for Linux Mint, instead of the default one for Lisa. (I wonder if this may have something to do with my problem, too.)

Note 2: I posted the message in http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=67631, but as the topic appears as [solved] I thought I needed to open a totally new one.

Any help much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
grizzler

Re: How to change number of recent files shown in gedit 3.2.

Post by grizzler »

For my LMDE's gedit (3.2.6) I changed this setting using the dconf-editor (part of the dconf-tools package) under /org/gnome/gedit/preferences/ui.
Bubblegum

Re: How to change number of recent files shown in gedit 3.2.

Post by Bubblegum »

Many thanks grizzler. Worked like a charm.

Return to “Software & Applications”