LibreOffice: templates already exist

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ctulhu

LibreOffice: templates already exist

Post by Ctulhu »

Hi all

I'm running Linux Mint 12 KDE and LibreOffice 3.5.2.2 with yesterday's update but I still can't define my templates etc. because of this "template's already exist" thing that pops up when I go File: Templates: ...

I followed this advice

<http://ask.libreoffice.org/question/240 ... eady-exist>

on my laptop running Kubuntu 11.10 machine and deleting

<HOME/.config/libreoffice/3/user/registrymodifications.xcu.>

worked, but not on my Mint 12 KDE - any tips?

SM
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vortex59
Level 3
Level 3

Re: LibreOffice: templates already exist

Post by vortex59 »

How I made "my template":
1 - Format page, paragraph, fonts, header, footer, etc.
2 - Save as template in HOME folder
3 - close than open Writer
4 - Files--> Templates --> Organize... On the left side of the window you have "My Templates". Double click on that line. Usually you don't have any file there. Anyway go on the right side at button: COMMAND. Click and --> Import template. In the dialog window select your template (the saved one). After that it should appear on the left side under "My templates". Select there your template, than go to COMMAND (buttons on right) and select "Set as default". Close everything (including Writer). Than, when you open the writer your template should be active.
"A scientist is someone whose curiosity survives education's assaults on it". Sir Hermann Bondi
Ctulhu

Post by Ctulhu »

Well ... Two things:

1) I already have a bunch of templates and they are stored in the folder home/MYNAME/Templates, and I have declared this folder to be the default location for templates in LibreOffice (and that worked before they decided to 'improve' 3.4.x).
2) You say:

a) Files--> Templates --> Organize... On the left side of the window you have "My Templates".
Well, that's the thing: I don't have that entry "My Templates".

b) Anyway go on the right side at button: COMMAND. Click and --> Import template.
I don't have that either: when I click on "Commands", I have two entries: "Printer settings" and "Update", neither helps.

The things you say USED to work with LO 3.4.x, but ever since 3.5 (on Linux Mint 12 KDE) it doesn't anymore. Even Kubuntu is fine and I also tried a complete reinstallation, still to no effect.
vortex59
Level 3
Level 3

Post by vortex59 »

I use libreoffice 3.5.2.2 (from Libreoffice site, dowloaded as *.deb file) and I have that sequence in the file-template menu (Linux Mint 10 - Gnome2). Very strange!
"A scientist is someone whose curiosity survives education's assaults on it". Sir Hermann Bondi

Return to “Software & Applications”