MP3 playback not working

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
poision
Level 3
Level 3

MP3 playback not working

Post by poision »

Hello ,

I have recently installed linux mint 13 cinnamon.my mp3 and dvd playback was running smoothly. after updating restricted drivers for wifi and ATI graphics my mp3 playback not working but welcome sound is there at the start up.i dont know what going wrong. please help me to get my sound playback back.

thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
aneurysm1985

Re: MP3 playback not working

Post by aneurysm1985 »

I am also having this problem with my fresh Mint 13 (64-bit) Cinnamon installation. I am hearing the 'welcome' sound which plays when booting into Linux, but can't hear audio from YouTube, MP3s, etc.

Funny thing is that the sound was working fine when I installed Mint 2 days ago. However, yesterday I had to reformat my HDD and reinstall Mint 13. Some setting/package has obviously changed between the two installations. Perhaps it is one of the MintUpdates I downloaded?

edit: I'm not sure what happened, but my sound is now working properly. I'm not sure what did it, as the most significant thing I have done over the past 5 hours is installing VirtualBox (with Windows XP image), and a handful of Linux Mint software including Exaile. Consider this problem solved for me, and let's try to help the OP.
sadmansk

Post by sadmansk »

I have the same problem, exactly us you explain it, I try soem settings and when I activate "Built in audio Analog Stereo" as a device of sound output the sound begins normaly play, so the problem is maybe with HDMI audio - digital sound card support, ( mine is Rendwood HDMI Audio (radeon HD 5000 series))
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

Try running (terminal-> "$ alsamixer" and make sure the sound isn't muted.

Edit: and this thread: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=59636
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?

Return to “Sound”