Chrome video fullscreen broken

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Schrödinger's Cat
Level 1
Level 1

Chrome video fullscreen broken

Postby Schrödinger's Cat » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:49 am

In Chrome, when I click the fullscreen button in Youtube, the browser window "blinks" and fullscreen mode fails to load.

In Firefox it works fine, so I'm guessing it's a problem with the Chrome flash plug-in. I did not have this problem until just before the weekend. I'm guessing a new update broke my flash somehow, since Chrome uses its own flash and Firefox uses Adobe.

Is there some way to revert? Or should I mention this as a Chrome bug report on their system and patiently wait for it to be resolved...?
Linux Mint 9 Isadora (Gnome)

nefnef
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Chrome video fullscreen broken

Postby nefnef » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:32 am

I have the same problem. I also tried removing Chrome, downloading it again and then reinstalling it from scratch - no good. No full screen for flash.

bryanlakatos
Level 1
Level 1

Postby bryanlakatos » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:44 pm

I am seeing the same thing in Chrome. Oddly enough, Chromium browser works correctly. For now, I'm just using that.

nemodot
Level 2
Level 2

Postby nemodot » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:41 am

I'm having the same issue. Also most of the times the player speeds up the video.

EDIT: I found out that by disabiling the latest flash pluging in about:plugins (click on see more details) and leave on any earlier version the fullscreen mode works better. The downsize is that it crashes a lot more.

FunnyGames
Level 1
Level 1

Postby FunnyGames » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:44 am

I would like to join the problem. And as nemodot said, it sometimes speeds up the video.

Return to “Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs”