NO SOUND ON MINT 12.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
silvialopez

NO SOUND ON MINT 12.

Post by silvialopez »

I'm a total newbie, so I ask for you to be patient,
Here's the thing: I already checked -through terminal- everything related to sound hardware and recognition of it. I checked the volume settings, the items on the device list, all of it.
When I set it on analog stereo and test the speakers, only the front left works.
When I try to listen to some music, it plays with "popping" sounds for like 5 minutes and then the sound dies but the Gnome media player interface is still there.

I guess the hardware is fine and I installed everything "by the book". So, if you have any solutions, please let me know.

My laptop is an ACER ASPIRE 5253 BZ851. AMD Radeon HD 6250. It runs MINT 12 32bit version.

Thanks a lot.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fixitmanarizona
Level 1
Level 1

Re: NO SOUND ON MINT 12.

Post by Fixitmanarizona »

You've probably fixed by now, but for others browsing the forum, try checking out the
http://community.linuxmint.com/software ... -alsamixer
page. That's the "volume (sound slider) control" for this, gives access to all your settings. There's some help listed there for it, too.
Fixitman

Return to “Sound”