AVI Color Messed Up on Ellysa

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
bme
Level 1
Level 1

AVI Color Messed Up on Ellysa

Postby bme » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:59 am

I have ubuntu 8.04 installed and after installation of the needed codecs I was able to play avi and wmv video with no problems.
Yet when I tried elyssa livecd the avi and wmv colors are not good, seems oversaturated-too orange or too red for example.
what is wrong?
Dell Inspiron 640 m Multiboot Mint/Vista/XP

Husse
Level 23
Level 23

Re: AVI Color Messed Up on Ellysa

Postby Husse » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:51 am

You have not received an answer yet - this indicates that this may be a problem only for you - the only thing I can think of is a driver problem
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it

Passerby

Postby Passerby » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:49 pm

I have the same issue, but have no idea how to fix it.

What I HAVE noticed is that sometimes what doesn't seem to play video correctly with Totem will with MPlayer, and vice versa.

Any help would be appreciate it.

Cubby
Level 2
Level 2

Postby Cubby » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:02 am

I don't know if it will help, but I have heard this can be a problem with ATI drivers. Sometimes it is fixed by installing linux-restricted-modules.

VLC player is also another fine choice for when one is having playback problems with other players, as it has its own codecs.
Athlon 64 FX-57, Asus A8N-E, nForce4 chipset, video card NX8500GT GeForce, sound card bGears b-Enspirer w/ audio contlr: CMI8788 [Oxygen], 4G RAM, Sata WD hd 160G + 320G. Boot XP Pro nLite and a few other Linux distros.

chiskop
Level 1
Level 1

Postby chiskop » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:35 am

bme wrote:I have ubuntu 8.04 installed and after installation of the needed codecs I was able to play avi and wmv video with no problems.
Yet when I tried elyssa livecd the avi and wmv colors are not good, seems oversaturated-too orange or too red for example.
what is wrong?

My colours were messed up the first time I tried to play a video. It was strange, playing a Youtube video worked perfectly, but downloading and playing the same video, it looked all orange. In my case, all I had to do (in Mplayer) was to open Edit > Preferences > Display and adjust the colour settings there. After that everything was fine.

Return to “Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs”