[SOLVED] Mint 15 and again Vlc got hick ups...

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nomko

[SOLVED] Mint 15 and again Vlc got hick ups...

Post by nomko »

Hello,

Same issue as with Mint 14...playing a move and Vlc (and SMplayer as well) got hick ups. At each 2 a 3 seconds the image stops and then continues. This is really annoying! The pleasure of watching a movie will go with this.

I've done this already without any luck:
- Open Vlc
- Go to Tools > Preferences > Input & Codecs
- Checked there if Use GPU video Accelerated Decoding is checked on which it was
- Go to Tools > Preferences > Input & Codecs
- Checked there if Accelerated Video Output (Overlay) is checked on which it was

I found a lot of solutions in the web but they're all for Windows, not for LInux.
Anyone got a clue of what happened here? I noticed this today, early this week everything was okay, no problems. Could it be some update that screwed up everything???

My old post: http://forum.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=127412
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nomko

Re: Mint 15 and again Vlc got hick ups...

Post by nomko »

I've just remebered this, earlier his weel i manually updated my Nvidia driver and that's when the stuttering started. I removed the latest draiver and re-installed the driver supplied with Mint 15 and eveything seems to be okay now!
homerscousin

Re: [SOLVED] Mint 15 and again Vlc got hick ups...

Post by homerscousin »

Doh! Drivers will drive us to drink. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you.

Return to “Sound”