how I can save a avi movie with Linux Mint 15?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
guido8

how I can save a avi movie with Linux Mint 15?

Post by guido8 »

Hi!

Great distro! Thanks to all Mint Team!

the avi movie starts to play, once it has ended the movie is not inside the temp folder of file system!

How I can change the settings and allow it to save it?

Adding X11 by the video settings is not enough, there is not settings about the memory!

Any help would be very welcome.

Thanks!

G
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: how I can save a avi movie with Linux Mint 15?

Post by karlchen »

Hello, guido8.

I assume one of the suggested solutions on askubuntu should satisfy your wishes: [url=http://askubuntu.com/questions/63270/how-do-i-download-a-youtube-video]How do I download a YouTube video?[/url]

Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
guido8

Post by guido8 »

Hi!

Thanks but I know for flash:) I use downloadhelper.

the issu is with AVI!!!! such as stagevu.com the movie start to play and there is nothing by file system temp folder, on Mint 14 and down no problem!

Cheers!
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, guido8.

Sorry, seems I forgot about this thread. Just tried it on Mint 14 Firefox 23.0, where it works as you had already stated.
Looking around I checked the Firefox plugin which is involved in displaying AVI files. It is Totem 3.4.3. I wonder whether the following modules are still present on Mint15 by default:
+ totem
+ totem-common
+ totem-mozilla
+ totem-plugins
+ totem-plugins-extra
I suspect the relevant module will be totem-mozilla.
In case Totem defaults to being absent on Mint 15 it might be worth a try and install it.

HTH,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

Ant Video Downloader is all you need .. :wink:
https://addons.mozilla.org/fi/firefox/a ... er-player/

Edit: It downloads as mp4 or flv, but you can convert videos using WinFF for example.

Return to “Sound”