Multimedia Repo Help

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Skinnx86

Multimedia Repo Help

Post by Skinnx86 »

Hello Minters,

Despite being faithful to to LMDE since it was released, within the past 3 days I have wiped it off of my laptop for #! due to the lack of updates and the fact that I got bored with MATE (as that is all this old machine can handle!)

Anyway, I quickly noticed that I realied hevily on the repos of LM, most notably the multimedia one. Since then I have tracked down the deb-multimedia.org repo and added it. However I still can not add things like youtube-dl to my list of applications where as I could in LMDE. I may well be able to get a .deb form the devs website, but I would love to be able to have

Code: Select all

http://debian.linuxmint.com/incoming/multimedia/
added to my source.list so I can just apt-get install what ever I fancy.
I may well have to use

http://debian.linuxmint.com/incoming/multimedia/dists/wheezy/
instead though as that is what #! is based on currently.

I could try to add the repo to my source.list but I do not know the command for adding the necessary keyring needed to access it.

So basically my question is this. Is there anyone out there who can help me in adding the LinuxMint Multimedia repositories to a Debain based distro via sources.list and the command line?

Thanks in advanced.

Skinnx86
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lantesh

Re: Multimedia Repo Help

Post by Lantesh »

Ok I'm a bit confused on what addition you are now using. Since you are not using LMDE I will assume you are now on either MATE or Cinnamon. If that is the case this may work for you assuming the repo you add is Ubuntu based. First add your repo to sources.list, and run

sudo apt-get update
You will now get a failure stating you don't have the key. Make note of the missing key number. Then run this command substituting the number for the one in the code below.

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 43BB102C405A15CB
If the repo you want is on a different server you will need to know the server name, and substitute it for the one I've listed.
Skinnx86

Post by Skinnx86 »

Sorry I didn't make it clearer #! = CrunchBang. So basically a Debian base - no Ubuntu - with openbox.

Apologies, I have only just discovered that I posted this in the main edition area of the forum. Should I ask a mod to move it to the LMDE area?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

Yeah I'd have it moved. You might also want to post on the Crunchbang forums. Good luck.
Skinnx86

Post by Skinnx86 »

Thanks, I have asked there also.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Return to “Sound”