Startup Volume - Mint 17.1 [SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
double_facepalm

Startup Volume - Mint 17.1 [SOLVED]

Post by double_facepalm »

Hi Everyone,

Every time I log into Cinnamon session the sound volume is maxed up. As soon as I touch the volume bar the sound jumps back to normal. I've tried various suggestions, setting sink volume but nothing helped. Most of the articles are for older versions of Mint / Ubuntu so I don't even know if they are still valid. Why can't Alasa / Pulse just save the last volume setting until the next startup?

Can someone please help? This drives me nuts!

Thanks a lot in advance,

O.

System Info: Mint 17.1 (although I had the same problem on 16 and 17 - this is a fresh install of 17 upgraded to 17.1), Cinnamon, Asus Xonar D2X
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
baptiste

Re: Startup Volume - Mint 17.1

Post by baptiste »

Hello,
I had the exact same issue with a Xonar DX and I suffered it for like a full year on MATE. But I've noticed a pulseaudio update today, checked the description and here is it, it's fixed!

Needless to say the sound could be VERY noisy, I guess not many of us use a crappy $10 pair of logitechs on a Xonar DX or D2X..

Here is the bug report that was about that issue.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/598308
jsplicer

Re: Startup Volume - Mint 17.1

Post by jsplicer »

That Pulse Audio killed my system. 17.1 froze everything. Tried to reinstall LM17.1 but after it installs it wont let me install the new mint update that lets you convert to 17.1, going to try to burn a newer disk, to see if that heps. Never had a sound update do this to me, I'm just glad I install my OS on an SSD drive and leave my home folder on an HDD drive this way as many reinstalls I do my files are still there. I have a back up of the HDD drive just in case. I'm thinking of trying cinnamon instead of KDE. But this guy had trouble on his cinnamon too..uuy vey...
double_facepalm

Re: Startup Volume - Mint 17.1 [SOLVED]

Post by double_facepalm »

Seems to be fixed after the recent update indeed!

Thanks a lot!

O.

Return to “Sound”