MSN Video Highlights always cut off

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kamaboko

MSN Video Highlights always cut off

Post by kamaboko »

Hello,

I've got a Vostro 1400 laptop with a Nvidia 8400GS video card. I installed the lasted Mint OS 32bit, did all the updates, used the latest restricted Nvidia drivers, etc. When I go to MSN to watch the video streaming news, it always craps out after about 30 seconds. Youtube seens to be fine. In any case, this is really starting to tick me off. Any solutions?

Thanks,
K
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: MSN Video Highlights always cut off

Post by Husse »

I went to
http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-gb
and watched a video - no problems. Then I navigated to News > CHANNELS > Headlines
I have the NoScript add on and when I only allowed MSN I got about 30 seconds, but when I allowed "all this page" it was just fine. There was also mtv.co.uk and live.com noted by Noscript and the statusbar mentioned msnuk.co.uk.edgesuite.net
The first portion of the video probably comes from msn and the rest from somewhere else - this is different depending on where in the world you are - I was denied access to the MSN US site due to my location
So I guess this is a internet problem if you don't use NoScript (which I think you should)

Return to “Sound”