My Bluetooth pair to my Linux Mint XFCE 17.3 problems

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TheLamerLinux

My Bluetooth pair to my Linux Mint XFCE 17.3 problems

Post by TheLamerLinux »

Hello,
I bought a USB Bluetooth Dongle off on Amazon, I got it where it see it but when I get it connected it says (I use Blueman) "Sevice added successfuly, but failed to connect" and I'll right click it and click "Headset" and it shows that it's connected. Then I have to type this command down (even I put it on my startup i still have to type it in the Terminal) "pulseaudio -k; pulseaudio --start" then I click my speaker icon and go to "Sound Settings", go to "Configuration", go to my headset, and click my drop down menu and I choose the first on (Which I know it sounds like crap) "Telephony Duplex (HSP/HFP)", then I try the second one (Which I know it's the right one to choose cuz I tested it out on Ubuntu 14.04 and Elementary OS and It sounded awesome) "High Fidelity Playback (A2DP)" it doesn't work. Is there away to fix that this is my first time configuring Bluetooth on Linux. Thank You!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
miroshi

Re: My Bluetooth pair to my Linux Mint XFCE 17.3 problems

Post by miroshi »

Hi!
I also had some problems to connect a bluetooth headset, and after search in the net I found solution:

"sudo apt-get install blueman bluez pulseaudio-module-bluetooth --install-suggests
# in terminal:
pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover
# then tray to connect your device to Audio Sink"

This solve my problem. I do not like to execute this command every time when need to connect the headset, but I do not find other way, because I do not do this often.
I hope it will help you :)
TheLamerLinux

Post by TheLamerLinux »

Thank You It works
miroshi

Post by miroshi »

Cool! I am glad to help :)
cted

Post by cted »

I do not like to execute this command every time when need to connect the headset
You make the command run automatically when you log in to your computer. In Mint Menu > Settings > Session and Startup > Application Autostart, click Add. Give a name like Bluetooth audio, an optional description like Loads missing PulseAudio module, and put

Code: Select all

pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover
in the "Command" field.

I assume you're connecting the headset after rebooting, because you shouldn't need to run it every time you connect.
Last edited by cted on Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cted

Post by cted »

I'm also running 17.3 Xfce and I didn't need to install anything as suggested above (sudo apt-get install blueman bluez pulseaudio-module-bluetooth --install-suggests) -- just running pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover worked.

Return to “Sound”