Can't get sound to play through bluetooth headphones

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
alpha0

Can't get sound to play through bluetooth headphones

Post by alpha0 »

I have a pair of bluetooth headphones that pair and work successfully with my Kindle Fire tablet, but when I try to use them with my laptop, I get the error message "Device added successfully, but failed to connect." I've tried adding them as an audio sink, which seemed to be the most appropriate option (if I understood correctly), but that doesn't work. Adding them as a headset seems to work, but no sound comes through. I also don't want to use them as a headset with this computer, just as headphones.

Is there something I'm doing wrong in the pairing process? Some instruction I'm not following or understanding? The instruction manual for the headphones gives a default passcode to enter if the other device requires one, but my computer doesn't require one. Neither do the headphones. The system I'm running is Mint 17.3 MATE edition on a white unibody Macbook. Also, the headphones can be used as a headset. Should I try to connect them as a headset instead of an audio sink?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Sound”