USB mic not working

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lokiilox

USB mic not working

Post by lokiilox »

I have a Ovleng Q13 usb headset and im trying to getit to work with linux mint 18.2 kde. I know linux recognizes it cuz i can change the computer volume with it. But the mic part isnt working can someone help me with some code or something so i can use it to game and talk over skype please my laptop mic is terrible and i need thios to work out im not going back to windows no way. Please and Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lokiilox

Re: USB mic not working

Post by lokiilox »

nvm my friend got it to work. He used Jack Cadence
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Re: USB mic not working

Post by phd21 »

Hi "lokiilox",

That's good that you got it working.

Here is another good option:

Install pulse audio volume control from the Software Manager or Synaptic Package Manager (SPM)

FYI: There are some really nice graphical (GUI) programs for sound that start with "Qas", like the fantastic "Qasmixer", in the Software Manager or Synaptic Package Manager (SPM) that you can install and use. Sound "Mixers" can be a little confusing if you are not familiar with them. If you bring up "Qasmixer" and make it fullscreen, on the right side you will have mixer devices where you can control your system sound. If you do not see the mixer devices, hit "F6". The mixer item "sysdefault" will show all installed sound card devices, and you will have various options to adjust various volume controls using "sliders" which you can turn off and on using the "dot" below the volume slider. There are also various other check boxes below that you can use, and depending upon your sound card(s) that sometimes includes headphone checkboxes and or sliders as well, like "Headphone Jack Sense". For microphones, (mic button on lower right is clicked), make sure all capture and microphone options are enabled and their volume sliders are at least half way.

The applications included are:
- qasconfig - browser for the alsa configuration tree
- qashctl - mixer for alsa's high level control interface
- qasmixer - desktop mixer with features similar to alsamixer

Qasmixer is a desktop mixer application for alsa's "simple mixer interface" and offers features similar to alsamixer. it also features a sytem tray icon with basic mixer functionality.

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen

Return to “Sound”