Remove LADSPA effects from my device preferences? [SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
paralai

Remove LADSPA effects from my device preferences? [SOLVED]

Post by paralai »

[SOLVED]

Hello, fairly new to Linux Mint, and Linux for that matter, and long story short, tried to use the Veromix plugin or widget to make my sound better (Equalized)...
:lol:

I failed.

Searched for answers, in Arch forums, Ubuntu, and god forgive me... googled but not one gave me the answer, or very vague ones...

So gave up, just unistalled that Veromix effing thing, and some LADSPA effects are still in the sound playback control panel (see attached image).

the question is... how do I get rid of them (LADSPA), without reinstalling whole system ? yes, I tried to search that, even worse.

But still loving my new KDE desktop.

Laptop AMD APU on Radeon graphics 8 Gb RAM
Linux Mint KDE 17.3 (18 is not for my Radeon)

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Remove LADSPA effects from my device preferences?

Post by jimallyn »

How did you install the plugins? Synaptic? Software Manager? I would assume that you would uninstall the same way.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

TIP
the way to do this is go to .config/pulse/ and DELETE everything EXCEPT the presets folder if you have one saved with EQ settings, then reboot

ps: each time you use any plugins it will keep a history in KDE (greyed out when not in use or unavailable). some distros like pclinuxos will keep these in [.pulse & .config/pulse/] so if you see them again you know what to do
paralai

Post by paralai »

thanks for answering!

I'll try... but in what folder?, I'm a noobie here, under root, user, home?
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

home/user/.config/pulse/
or
home/user/.pulse/
paralai

Post by paralai »

You sir, are a genius! solved.

And working sound! everything is perfect, even the birds are chirping outside the window....

I deleted (see attachment) ... and those bad boys are gone.

Thanks and a very well learned lesson, I owe you a beer!
paralai

Post by paralai »

jimallyn wrote:How did you install the plugins? Synaptic? Software Manager? I would assume that you would uninstall the same way.

Hi, I did not installed those plugins (LADSPA), I think LMMS(music composer) or QMMP(player) did.
But they were not the problem, it was a Veromix plugin from outside PPA repositories
that messed up everything, but it is solved now, Thank you!
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Remove LADSPA effects from my device preferences? [SOLVED]

Post by trytip »

:D enjoy your KDE

Return to “Sound”