Davinci resolve 14 - no sound to hear

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fello_w

Davinci resolve 14 - no sound to hear

Post by Fello_w »

Hey there,
I am working with DaVinci Relolve 14 on LM

Code: Select all

Kernel: 4.8.0-53-generic x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 5.4.0)
Desktop: Cinnamon 3.4.6 (Gtk 3.18.9-1ubuntu3.3) dm: lightdm Distro: Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya
Generally I have no issues with sound except that from Resolve I can hear nothing despite volume meters and waveforms are alive.
Any idea for the approach?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Davinci resolve 14 - no sound to hear

Post by Hoser Rob »

You may want to read this ...

viewtopic.php?t=244539

... and maybe consider other apps. If you try actually using your search engine you'll find many similar comments.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Fello_w

Post by Fello_w »

Oh my.
Thanks Hoser Rob for this comment.
I was actually digging the net forth and back but had no idea on those restrictions.
Well, I was using Lightworks and liked it pretty much, but wanted to have free tool giving 1080p output (LW free doesn't).
Now, I'll consider downgrade to Resolve 12 or 13 or seek workaround.

Was too good to be real.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

There are a cou[ple of things to remember with real pro apps.

They assume that the users are going to actually be real pros. Since these people really know what they're doing, the sort of beginner help and support you expect from consumer level apps is not going to be there. Not much is dumbed down. Your hand will not be held.

Many users assume that these pro level editors will work with any video and audio format/codec. The opposite is true. The number of formats that are really used in professional editing is small, and that's all that they'll support.

And there are tons of free video editors that offer 1080p output.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Fello_w

Post by Fello_w »

Oh yes, there are some NLEs out there, but I really like how comfortable is playing with color correction on AVCHD out of my Lumix and other features, like tracking which is not that common yet.

Unfortunately, installation file of v 12 is missing - does anybody have one and could share with me, please? :roll:

Return to “Sound”