no sound at all

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: no sound at all

Post by catweazel »

The clue is here:

Code: Select all

/lib/modules/4.10.0-35-generic/kernel/sound/pci/oxygen/snd-virtuoso.ko
/lib/modules/4.8.0-53-generic/kernel/sound/pci/oxygen/snd-virtuoso.ko
Try sudo modprobe snd-virtuoso instead of sudo modprobe snd_virtuoso
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
monere
Level 4
Level 4

Post by monere »

Nothing happens when I type that command (I just get the prompt again). But now VLC doesn't allow me set the sound higher than 105 LOL. It's twilight zone here on my computer, with each reboot something totally different and weird happens :)

Nevermind guys, I'll just use Windows for now, and next year I'll get a new computer that can easily dual-boot Linux and Windows.

Thanks for the support
catweazel wrote:The clue is here:

Code: Select all

/lib/modules/4.10.0-35-generic/kernel/sound/pci/oxygen/snd-virtuoso.ko
/lib/modules/4.8.0-53-generic/kernel/sound/pci/oxygen/snd-virtuoso.ko
Try sudo modprobe snd-virtuoso instead of sudo modprobe snd_virtuoso
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

monere wrote:...with each reboot something totally different and weird happens :)
That indicates possible corruption or even a hardware issue.

Cheers.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
monere
Level 4
Level 4

Post by monere »

catweazel wrote:
monere wrote:...with each reboot something totally different and weird happens :)
That indicates possible corruption or even a hardware issue.

Cheers.
I see... and sadly there is nothing I can do about it if it's hardware issues, as I don't have space to create a backup on my HDD, nor do I have a backup disk. As for corruption, it might be. My partitioning is weird anyway, I installed Mint over a previously 2-3 years old non-working Mageia, and so on.

Actually, I'm thinking about reinstalling Mint one more time, I just need to figure out how to wipe all of the partitions without messing up with Windows and especially with the GRUB. Once I figure that out I will re-install Mint one more time, and if I still have issues I'll let it go

Return to “Sound”