Disabled audio on startup

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Hacky

Disabled audio on startup

Post by Hacky »

Some time ago, I was trying to get my new Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 soundcard to work on Linux. After few hours, I got it to work with this magic command 'jackd -dalsa -dhw:USB -p 512 -r 44100' after rewriting some configuration files and everything was OK.

As I didn't really know what I was doing, my sound wasn't working after reboot. The sound icon wasn't on the tray and there were no devices in sound settings. After I ran the command, HDMI device (monitor) and PulseAdio JACK sink appeared in sound output devices. PulseAudio sink also appeared in input devices. After this, sound test in settings works on both output devices, but I get no sound from any application.

My assumption is that I disabled some service on startup and that's why the devices aren't loaded.

The questions:
Is there a way to get the sound working and be able to connect sound card to JACK?
If not, is there a way to at least get the sound to work again?
What are and is the relation between jackd, alsa and pulseaudio?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Sound”