Front panel detection for headphone jack

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Sethlance

Front panel detection for headphone jack

Post by Sethlance »

So I have a pretty old chipset and I use realtek hd drivers. On windows there was an app "realtek hd audio manager", that would install itself alongside with drivers. That app had a function to disable front audio panel detection, which allowed to use rear ports in a better "free" way and was the only way for me to use headphones with both channels. I really have no idea how it all works, but now that I switched to Linux, nothing seems to work and I only have sound in one channel, which is the fault of the hardware, I believe.
Is there any software that could do that?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wutsinterweb
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Front panel detection for headphone jack

Post by wutsinterweb »

I just found QasMixer, give it a try, it helped my similar problem.
I've been using Mint for over 4 years, but I'm still a slow learner. I have a website: https://pickfetish.com. It is dedicated to guitar/instrument picks.
ArtGirl

Post by ArtGirl »

I'm not sure if pavucontrol and gnome-alsamixer (both installed via Synaptic Package Manager) might have the features you need ... looking at gnome-alsamixer, it has 'mute' settings, and a sound card settings tab that might shut off some things. :)
refeed

Post by refeed »

I'm not sure if pavucontrol and gnome-alsamixer (both installed via Synaptic Package Manager) might have the features you need ... looking at gnome-alsamixer, it has 'mute' settings, and a sound card settings tab that might shut off some things. :)
Thank you very much.

Using `pavucontrol` solved my issue. In pavucontrol, in "Output Devices" tab there's a "Port" selection, changing it to "Headphones" makes my front port works again..

Return to “Sound”