Can Get 4 channel sound in Windows but not in Linux Mint

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zaster

Can Get 4 channel sound in Windows but not in Linux Mint

Post by zaster »

My computer's motherboards comes with Realtek High Definition Audio. Under Windows 10, my driver is version 6.0.1.8036. I run to audio cables from the back of the computer (green is LR and Blue is RL RR). Both connect to a Yamaha amp with independently controlled A-B speakers. An app, Realtek HD Audio Manager installs with Windows. Using that program, I can get sound from both A & B speaker pairs by: Setting Speaker Config. to quadraphonic, check under full-range speakers, front left and right and rear surround speakers. These settings alone alone will still only produce sound from the A speakers (front). If I check one additional setting though "Speaker Fill", I then get sound from both A & B speaker pairs.

I recently set up my computer to dual boot Linux Mint to experiment with Linux. I'm not very experienced with it. I only get sound from my front speakers now under Linux Mint. I'm looking for help to get sound from all speakers as I can under Windows.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Sound”