Roland quad capture ua-55 stopped working

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hotalot

Roland quad capture ua-55 stopped working

Post by hotalot »

Hi! This week I upgraded from Linux Mint 17.3 to the new Sylvia 18.3. One of the reasons to upgrade was that ua-55 worked well with the live cd.
I did a fresh install of Mint 18.3 and the ua-55 worked well for two days, but after I connected an old mic the interface stopped working.
While the ua-55 was working , the sound manager showed, correctly 2 speakers (I had only speakers 1/2 connected to the ua-55), but after I connected the mic it shows 4 speakers and no sound.
I tried again with Mint live cd, Ubuntu 16.04 and 17.10 live cds and the behavior is the same: 4 speakers and no sound.
Fedora live cd mixed things: although quad capture was selected the internal hdmi sound card sounded.
The ua-55 is working properly on Win10 (argh...).
My guess is that something has happened to the usb ports. I changed the usb legacy support (in bios) to enable, then to disable, then to auto but no deal.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Armando
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Sound”