PulseAudio Monitors\VU metres suddenly stopped working without warning.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
KynikossDragonn

PulseAudio Monitors\VU metres suddenly stopped working without warning.

Post by KynikossDragonn »

Hello, I'm a Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa user here with a really upsetting problem.

I'm not really sure how to even begin to describe this problem... Basically pavucontrol nolonger shows properly working VU metre anymore on any application playing sound or the actual card being used itself. Sound plays back just fine and all but pavucontrol thinks nothing is playing. Other programs also seem just as confused. The VU metre does function for my Blue Snowball iCE but that's about it...

Ontop of that, "Monitor of" devices nolonger seem to function... or so I would think. I recorded a video showing this problem off and OBS was indeed able to capture the audio somehow but Audacity couldn't pickup anything that was playing, neither could pavucontrol.

Video can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDM8S7N97ic

I didn't really muck around that much with my /etc/pulse/daemon.conf other than trying the other resampling methods because I've been trying to debug a massive CPU usage issue. Changing everything back to defaults and clearing out my ~/.config/pulse folder did nothing to fix the problem.

I attached a verbose log, the daemon.conf and the entire output of a `pactl list` with numerous things running (including pavucontrol)

As far as I know, no matter of changing things to defaults or clearing anything seems to fix the problem. Everything was working fine today until I restarted my PC due to issues I have with certain old programs and uptimes lasting longer than 2 days. I'm at a bit of a loss here...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Sound”