Error toggling removable device: Error opening sound device 0. No audio in Linux Mint VMWare Workstation 14 Player.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ScarletMcLearn
Level 3
Level 3

Error toggling removable device: Error opening sound device 0. No audio in Linux Mint VMWare Workstation 14 Player.

Post by ScarletMcLearn »

Error toggling removable device: Error opening sound device 0. No audio in Linux Mint VMWare Workstation 14 Player. No audio.

I was increasing the sound in my Linux Mint (Guest) OS using the slider in the sound options from the taskbar, then suddenly my audio stopped and I got the following error:

Error toggling removable device: Error opening sound device 0.

A device ID has been used that is out of range for your system.

The sound connection control operation failed.

Following that, the sound icon disappeared from the taskbar. I tried restarting my Guest OS, removing the old sound device and again adding another one, also trying to put back the volume in the initial level. But nothing seems to be working. Whenever I try to connect the audio device, the same error comes up.

Please suggest what should be done to fix it, what files I need to modify and what outputs should I provide for further clarification.

Thank you!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Error toggling removable device: Error opening sound device 0. No audio in Linux Mint VMWare Workstation 14 Player.

Post by deepakdeshp »

Please try with live USB/DVD and see if you have same problem.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Sound”