Is there a program that automatically adds/corrects metadata in audio files?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
James_Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a program that automatically adds/corrects metadata in audio files?

Post by James_Smith »

I have a lot of audio files that have names like 01 track 1.mp3 with no other information.

It would be a bonus if you can use it to manually change or add metadata.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
I have been using Linux for years and I am still a newbie
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Is there a program that automatically adds/corrects metadata in audio files?

Post by all41 »

Hi,
Check out 'Easytag' in the repositories
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
BenTrabetere
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Is there a program that automatically adds/corrects metadata in audio files?

Post by BenTrabetere »

Also, take a look at Picard. It is a front-end for MusicBrainz, and I find it to be easy to use and accurate. I think it falls down a bit with Classical music, but I have yet to find a tagger that works well with Classical music. It can be installed from Software Manager.

I recently ran across a command line tool called beets. It looks to be an impressive program, but it also looks to be one with a steep learning curve. The reason it interests me is iTunes made an absolute mess of my music library (I suspect I was holding it wrong or something), and I think beets will let me re-tag the entire library with one command.

beets can be installed from Software Manager.

http://beets.io/
Patreon sponsor since August 2022

Return to “Sound”