[Mint 18.3 xfce] Sound problem ? No system sounds "establishing connection to pulse audio"

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lupus288

[Mint 18.3 xfce] Sound problem ? No system sounds "establishing connection to pulse audio"

Post by lupus288 »

Hello

I'm linux newbie, so please be gentle :)

First i had 18,3 cinnamon installed and it was all ok wit sounds but my laptop was a bit slow, so after few days i decided to try lighter version of mint for my old laptop, so i've installed xfce. From the beginning i had no system sounds, with logon and all others. WHen i try to open audio settings i often get "establishing connection to pulse audio" with empty screen.

My laptop is dell latitude d630, mAYbe i should use alsamixer instead? i don't remeber anymore what was installed in cinnamon, because there i had no such issue...

greetings

I should also say that when i play a movie or install a program that has some inbuilt sounds they mostly work. One program works, other not. A reboot helps with sound for programs that normally don't work after some time... When this happens, those programs can't produce any sounds, while the others normally can... it's strange.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Sound”