Mic not working (+ Skype)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CarolLao

Mic not working (+ Skype)

Post by CarolLao »

The mic on my Lenovo B50 stopped working and I've tried to fix but nothing is working. Maybe it's just a stupid problem but I am completely new to Linux. Yesterday I tried using Skype and it worked just fine. Everyone could hear me. But today Skype wouldn't launch, it just stayed blank and all I could see was the menu bar. I tried to use Wire and Hangouts as an alternative and then I realized that my mic stopped working. I can hear and see everybody though. (Could incompatibility of the websites be a problem?). The input devices settings seem right to me and I've tried changing different things like from internal microphone to microphone, but nothing worked. And I would like to see if it works with Skype again. Yesterday it worked after having uninstalled it and installed it again, but I really don't want to have to do it every time for it to work. I appreciate your help.
https://imgur.com/a/bekFp
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Mic not working (+ Skype)

Post by deepakdeshp »

May be the older Skype version will work.
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=262838
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Mic not working (+ Skype)

Post by trytip »

go to .config/pulse/ DELETE everything then reboot

Return to “Sound”