No sound after screen locked

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
pavelito
Level 1
Level 1

No sound after screen locked

Post by pavelito » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:28 am

Hi, I use Linux Mint XFCE 18.3. I've never experienced this kind of problem. When I lock the screen with shortcut Ctrl+Alt+L it switches music/sound off. For example, I'm listening a web radio, lock the screen and the sound mutes. Once I'm logged back it turns on. It regards all kind of multimedia I play, doesn't matter if I'm listening web radio, youtube movie, music from Rhytmbox etc. It is the same when the screen goes black and lock automatically after the time I have set in the power settings. Do You know the solution to this issue? I've searched the forum but haven' found related topic.

rene
Level 8
Level 8

Re: No sound after screen locked

Post by rene » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:28 am

Seems to be a known issue: https://xubuntu.org/news/screen-locking ... ntu-14-04/.

Shall not guarantee that that fix will work on Mint as well, but try sudo adduser $(whoami) audio and reboot (not just log out and back in).

asinoro
Level 4
Level 4

Post by asinoro » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:16 am

rene wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:28 am
Seems to be a known issue: https://xubuntu.org/news/screen-locking ... ntu-14-04/.

Shall not guarantee that that fix will work on Mint as well, but try sudo adduser $(whoami) audio and reboot (not just log out and back in).
I confirm it works the command.

Code: Select all

sudo adduser username audio
Mint 18.3 xfce kernel 4.4

pavelito
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pavelito » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:20 am

Thank You very much guys! It's working!

Return to “Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs”