Function keys not working properly + Bluetooth Sound quality poor

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sepp
Level 1
Level 1

Function keys not working properly + Bluetooth Sound quality poor

Post by sepp »

Hey dear community,

I have recently installed Linux Mint on my 2 year old laptop (Intel i7 7500U, Nvidia m950GTX, 8GB RAM), but the function keys seem bugged. When I push Fn+F12 the volume should turn up one step, but it turns up to max (it's like Mint thinks I am spamming Fn+F12). Same for Fn+F11 (volume down).
Some Fn-combinations work normally, some with some time delta.

Also: when I connect my Sony Bluetooth headphones the sound quality is extremely poor.

The system is completely up to date and so far no programs (other than VLC player) have been installed. I am using third party drivers for CPU and GPU.

I hope some of you can help me out.

BR
Sepp

Edit: Found a possible solution to the bluetooth problem (not tested yet): Sound Preferences -> Hardware -> *choose the headset* -> Profile: High Fidelity Playback (A2DP)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sepp
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Function keys not working properly + Bluetooth Sound quality poor

Post by sepp »

I have let the problem lay around for a while and have just tried it again now.
When trying to assign a new key combination for volume up and down, I saw that mint doesnt seem to recognize my Fn-key. If I press alt+something, the key combination shows up and is assigned. If I press Fn+something, the key combination field behaves as if I had pressed nothing.
Where can I enable the Fn key? (It is enabled in bios)

Return to “Sound”