sound stops when using MusE, others ; temp fix with, alsa force-reload*1

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lreilly

sound stops when using MusE, others ; temp fix with, alsa force-reload*1

Post by lreilly »

edit1* - should be 'force-reload', not 'force-restart'

I recently installed MusE on my system.

Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 64-Bit
AMD FX 6300

When I load MusE, it seems to "eat up" all of the sound on my system. vlc, youtube, system, etc. nothing makes noise except for MusE.
The problem persists after closing MusE, which is remedied with the command 'alsa force-reload'. MusE is the latest version of Mint repo (2.1.2) I believe. (as of this posting 2018/03/17)

I had the exact same issue while trying to get Rosegarden to work on this system, using Qsynth and JACK. occured with Hydrogen, as well. i could get the MiDi in Rosegarden to work, but not the Wave synth, if that helps.

Hopefully someone can help me out with this. Right now i'm looking into fiddling around with my pulseaudio and alsa settings, to see if i can find out just what's going on.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kct
Level 1
Level 1

Re: sound stops when using MusE, others ; temp fix with, alsa force-reload*1

Post by kct »

While working with QJackCtl and QSynth on LM 18.3 (Cinnamon), the following solved a similar problem for me:

Start QSynth, click on [Setup...] and then the Audio tab, and change 'Audio Driver' to 'pulseaudio'.

Hope that helps.

Code: Select all

GO a? L+++ W+@  Y+ tv G e+++ r+++

Return to “Sound”