light-locker mutes audio

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mintmdrescher
Level 1
Level 1

light-locker mutes audio

Post by mintmdrescher »

With Mint 18.3, when light-locker (may be some other lockers,too) kicks in, my audio gets muted. Which I do not want.
Could not figure out so far, how light-locker does this (not to mention, why). neither how to prevent this.

Any one of you know, how to tell light-locker NOT to mute my audio?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Re: light-locker mutes audio

Post by Flemur »

Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
mintmdrescher
Level 1
Level 1

Solved (not really): light-locker mutes audio

Post by mintmdrescher »

That 'When the screensaver is deactivated' option does not work for me, any other combination neither. So the only working fix that is left would be not using light-locker but xscreensaver instead. Which can hardly be called a fix im my eyes.

However: mate-screensaver has no silly mute feature.
mintmdrescher
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the reply to a feature request to add a do-not-mute option

Post by mintmdrescher »

From Simon Steinbeiß:

light-locker locks the complete session, i.e. the seat (in lightdm terms), so there is no way audio could continue to play because it stops all processes of that user session.

Other screensavers (xscreensaver, gnome-screensaver) merely put a black top-level window above all other windows. light-locker completely locks the session and redirects you to the greeter, that's the difference

Return to “Sound”