Intel sunrise point-h hd audio not working

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Intel sunrise point-h hd audio not working

Post by MrEen »

Hi Alexvar! I found that script myself over the weekend, but I didn't see a way to make it help in your case after all we'd been through. I had hoped the sudo modprobe would've produced an output, which in turn would've changed the output of that script most likely, but no such luck.

Once again, good luck! And keep us posted on your progress.
Alexvar

Post by Alexvar »

Thank you! I'll try to keep you updated with my progress. However, this week i'll be quite busy, so I won't be able to continue until this Saturday.
Alexvar

Post by Alexvar »

Hi!

Well, here I'm again!
I have already tried everything: The solutions from the other thread an your Kernel solution. Nothing worked...
I even looked on the Internet for even more information, but no luck.
However, I must have done something, because now I get this upon start-up. I don't know if it's related or not to the sound issue:

Code: Select all

[   24.023078] pcieport 0000:00:1c.5: PCIe Bus Error: severity=Corrected, type=Physical Layer, id=00e5(Receiver ID)
[   24.023106] pcieport 0000:00:1c.5:   device [8086:a115] error status/mask=00000001/00002000
[   24.023125] pcieport 0000:00:1c.5:    [ 0] Receiver error
I have no idea what is going on with Linux Mint and my PC audio chip... I guess I'll have to wait till version 19 is released to try it and see if it solves the problem :)

Anyway, that's all for now!
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Hi Alexvar. Here's is something I hadn't thought of. USB sound adapters are dirt cheap, such as this one.

I would think this would bypass whatever is going wrong on your computer.

Just something to consider.
tyensen

Post by tyensen »

I had the same problem and tried all the fixes on various message boards. What finally fixed it for me was updating the BIOS on my motherboard (Asus Z170M-Plus). Not entirely sure why this fixed it but I believe it broke after applying a bunch of Ubuntu updates that I had left pending for quite some time that appeared to include fixes for Spectre/Meltdown. The BIOS updates contained similar updates for these exploits so perhaps this was related. (seems like a bit of a stretch - but hey its working now)
lvitya

Post by lvitya »

tyensen, thank you!
Updating the BIOS fixed "no soundcards found..." on my machine too. The motherboard has the same audio system.
Same like for you the issue arose after installing Ubuntu updates.

Return to “Sound”