I-Red remote control for Cinnamon?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vidtek
Level 1
Level 1

I-Red remote control for Cinnamon?

Post by vidtek »

Mint KDE had a brilliant infra-red system and applet for controlling the complete system via a remote control box.
Are there any plans to port it to Cinnamon or mate?

This is a real deal-breaker for me and linux Mint which is the best system for me, I am (almost) ok with the
insane decision to ditch KDE, but the lack of infra-red support will drive me (and a few others with mythtv/kodi and cinema HTPC etc into the arms of the likes of Kubuntu.

Such a shame, I really love mint......
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Asus Z270 i7 16gb ram 8.25tb GT960 TSB6205 Quad tuner 64-bit Mint 18.2 Sonya KDE & win 10 Be/FE myth 0.28
Laptop Samsung NP R580 i5 nvidia linux ultimate & win 10
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: I-Red remote control for Cinnamon?

Post by Hoser Rob »

I agree, but I doubt they're going to port that to other DEs. You won't necessarily have to ditch Mint, you'll be able to install Mint (I think Xfce is the recommended version) and then install KDE. But since having multiple DEs is a dumb idea, I strongly suspect that they';; also have instructions to remove Xfce completely. If you're a KDE lover this will enable you to still get Mint's updater, which IMO is the best reason to prefer Mint.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: I-Red remote control for Cinnamon?

Post by Hoser Rob »

awaisali wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:08 am I agree, but I doubt they're going to port that to other DEs. You won't necessarily have to ditch Mint, you'll be able to install Mint (I think Xfce is the recommended version) and then install KDE.
This is a verbatim copy of the first couple of sentences of my post. DId you have anything to add but hit the wrong button by mistake?
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Sound”