Sound is low compared to my windows 10. [SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
faisal95

Post by faisal95 »

I am dual booting windows 10 and Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon for a while.

I'm quite impressed by Mint 19. But my sound is low.
In my windows 10 the sound is much higher. I have searched for some solution on the net.
Had tried alsamixer in the terminal. But it doesnt improve.

In my windows 10 after setuping it for the first time the sound is low like the Linux mint.
But after installing the sound card driver the sound always becomes higher or okay.

My laptop model is: HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab203tu
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Sound is low compared to my windows 10.

Post by lsemmens »

If you have a look in <Preferences><Applets><Download> You'll find one that says "sound 150%", works well for quieter stuff.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Sound is low compared to my windows 10.

Post by phd21 »

HI faisal95,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!

I just read your post and the good replies to it. Here are my thoughts on this as well.

It would help to know more about your system setup. If you run "inxi -Fxzd" and "lsusb" from the console terminal prompt, highlight the results, copy and paste them back here, that should provide enough information.

FYI: Install "pulse audio volume control" from the "Synaptic Package Manager (SPM)". And, there are some really nice graphical (GUI) programs for the sound that start with "Qas", like the fantastic "Qasmixer", in the Software Manager or Synaptic Package Manager (SPM) that you can install and use. Sound "Mixers" can be a little confusing if you are not familiar with them. If you bring up "Qasmixer" and make it fullscreen, on the right side you will have mixer devices where you can control your system sound. If you do not see the mixer devices, hit "F6". The mixer item "sysdefault" will show all installed sound card devices, and you will have various options to adjust various volume controls using "sliders" which you can turn off and on using the "dot" below the volume slider. There are also various other checkboxes below that you can use, and depending upon your sound card(s) that sometimes includes headphone checkboxes and or sliders as well, like "Headphone Jack Sense".

QasTools: Applications
http://xwmw.org/qastools/applications.html

The applications included are:
- qasconfig - browser for the alsa configuration tree
- qashctl - mixer for alsa's high level control interface
- qasmixer - desktop mixer with features similar to alsamixer

Qasmixer is a desktop mixer application for alsa's "simple mixer interface" and offers features similar to alsamixer. it also features a sytem tray icon with basic mixer functionality.

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & xKDE (Mint Xfce + Kubuntu KDE) & KDE Neon 64-bit (new based on Ubuntu 20.04) Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573) 2 in 1 touch screen, Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, Intel 4 Graphics.
faisal95

Post by faisal95 »

faisal95 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:52 pm I am dual booting windows 10 and Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon for a while.

I'm quite impressed by Mint 19. But my sound is low.
In my windows 10 the sound is much higher. I have searched for some solution on the net.
Had tried alsamixer in the terminal. But it doesnt improve.

In my windows 10 after setuping it for the first time the sound is low like the Linux mint.
But after installing the sound card driver the sound always becomes higher or okay.

My laptop model is: HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab203tu

Return to “Sound”