Sound issue on Linux Mint

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Hatiou

Sound issue on Linux Mint

Post by Hatiou »

Hello
I recently used Linux Mint. After installation, I will not receive any sound through it. Thank you if you guide me. I added the pictures:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Sound issue on Linux Mint

Post by jimallyn »

Would probably be helpful to know a bit about your system. Open a terminal and maximize it to avoid cut off lines. Type or copy and paste inxi -Fxz into the terminal and press Enter. Whatever that spits out, copy and paste it into you next post here.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Sound issue on Linux Mint

Post by catweazel »

Hatiou wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:40 am Hello
I recently used Linux Mint. After installation, I will not receive any sound through it. Thank you if you guide me. I added the pictures:
Enter this in a terminal: alsamixer. Press F6 to select your sound card. If that doesn't work, please take @jimallyn's advice. Enclose the results between [ⅽode] and [/ⅽode] code markers by selecting </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Sound”