Rhythmbox - Speed control for podcasts

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NB2080

Rhythmbox - Speed control for podcasts

Post by NB2080 »

Dear all

I am new to Linux and use Rhythmbox to listen to podcasts, usually I listen to podcasts at 1.25 of normal speed. I found an plugin "RBPITCH" for Rhythmbox that offers this feature, but could not install it on Linux Mint 19.

Does anyone know about another way to install RBPITCH (or a similar plugin)?
Any other idea? Other software etc?

Many thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Rhythmbox - Speed control for podcasts

Post by Hoser Rob »

I don't know of any alternatives to this. But according to the host site (https://launchpad.net/rbpitch), it's not supported for any Ubuntu releases after 16.04. Mint 19 is based on Ubuntu 18.04 so it's not going to work in Mint 19.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Rhythmbox - Speed control for podcasts

Post by MrEen »

Hi NB2080, and welcome to the forum.

You probably already have everything you need to accomplish this, as ffmpeg can do exactly what you want. You can just convert your existing files to speedified new files then play those in Rhythmbox, or any other player.

I myself have never done this, but the long answer on this page should help get you started.

Hope that helps.

Return to “Sound”