Bluetooth will not work at all with Anker Soundcore speaker

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bobruzzo

Bluetooth will not work at all with Anker Soundcore speaker

Post by bobruzzo »

I have tried to get the audio from my laptop running Mint 19 to play through an "ANKER Soundcore" speaker which is bluetooth capable. I have tried Blueman but when I search it finds nothing. The bluetooth icon is still greyed out on the panel. setting up new device is no help. Finds nothing. The options in bluetooth devices are all greyed out.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Bluetooth will not work at all with Anker Soundcore speaker

Post by MrEen »

Hi bobruzzo.

I'm pretty much useless when it comes to bluetooth. I will, however, ask something I can think of. Have you put the ANKER Soundcore within 3 feet of the laptop and turned it on (blue light is flashing?)

Don't forget, I said I was useless! :wink:
bobruzzo

Post by bobruzzo »

Yep, I tried EVERYTHING. I just want to play the laptops audio thru the speaker cause it has much better louder audio than the tiny computer speakers. Blueman is completely useless. I can't use any of the options because they are greyed out and computer will not recognize my device. I tried moving speaker in different locations too! I tried some of the things suggested on other posts but nothing helps. The other people claim its the KERNEL that is the problem.
andilge

Post by andilge »

Hi there,

I've got exactly the same set up running nicely here, connecting my laptop to Anker Soundcore Bluetooth speaker. All is working flawlessly, no hassle pairing the devices.

Can you pair other devices with your Anker speaker? If yes, consider Anker as ok. If ko, return and exchange the speaker.

Can you pair your laptop with any other device? i believe that not, right? It's is known that some broadcom Bluetooth cards are complicated with firmware. Please check the Bluetooth device in your Laptop (BCM 99999 or something alike) an verify googling with 'ubuntu broadcom bluetooth' or similar.

If all this won't turn out in success, please consider a wired audio connection from laptop to Anker speaker.

Success and all the best, andilge

Return to “Sound”