preparing video for wordpress?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ejazzkatt
Level 4
Level 4

preparing video for wordpress?

Post by ejazzkatt »

Hi,
I have a video that I want to post online. Generally, we post the video to You Tube and then to our Wordpress site. I have a video on a DVD. When I ripped it, it became an mp4 file of over 10 gigs. Is there another video format that I can use that will still give me a good quality video that won't be so large?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: preparing video for wordpress?

Post by richyrich »

I suggest you try the WinFF program. It has many presets to choose from, including websites.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Transmageddon also works well for changing videos to different formats. I don't know which formats come out the smallest, so I usually wind up just picking one at random and see if it is suitable. If not, try a different one.

I have used WinFF a fair bit and it works very well.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
Mick-Cork
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mick-Cork »

I may be misinterpreting your requirement here, but I believe with a standard Youtube account you can upload a 15 minute / 20gb file. If you want longer/larger you can verify your account allowing up to 120gb upload. I think Youtube probably then does it's own compression to the file so viewing doesn't use as much bandwidth. Then just embed the video in Wordpress so it streams from their service, not from your server.

Apologies if i'm not understanding your requirement fully, but just imparting what I believe to be the case.

Return to “Sound”