Mixxx issues

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jeff37922

Mixxx issues

Post by jeff37922 »

I'm trying to set up the Mixxx DJ program in Linux Mint 19, and I am having tons of issues with audio setup. I am running the Creative Audigy RX sound card. When I try to set the microphone to use the SB1550 Mic Capture, it gives me an "unknown error" message, so I have no use of my microphone.

Also, on Audacity, when I try to record with the microphone, then play back my voice, I sound like one of the Chipmunks. How would I fix that?

It seems everything I do on Windows 7 was a piece of cake, and then when I try to do the same things in Linux with the same hardware and programs, everything is so complicated, if it even works at all. I am NOT looking forward to January 2020 when I will be forced to switch to Linux from Windows 7.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Mixxx issues

Post by MrEen »

Hi again jeff37922.

I'm betting PulseAudio and Audacity are using different sample rates (44100 vs 48000) and you could try changing either so they match.

Return to “Sound”