Suggestion to pre-create symbolic links for Davinci Resolve

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ilya3L

Suggestion to pre-create symbolic links for Davinci Resolve

Post by Ilya3L »

Hello!

Davinci Resolve works well not only on CentOS but to properly install it user has not only to downloads and use the install package but also to manually set the symbolic links like this:
# ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.10 && ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libssl.so.10 && ln -s /usr/lib/libgstreamer-1.0.so.0 /usr/lib/libgstreamer-0.10.so.0 && ln -s /usr/lib/libgstbase-1.0.so.0.1201.0 /usr/lib/libgstbase-0.10.so.0
(this is a working example from Manajro, should be likewise in Mint, but I'm yet unable to run Mint 19 on my laptop)

I believe precreating such symbolic links on fresh Mint install will simplify the Resolve installation process especially for the ones new to Linux and will make Mint a little bit more userfriendly.

Please consider this for future releases.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: Suggestion to pre-create symbolic links for Davinci Resolve

Post by gm10 »

This is not the place to make such suggestions, try on github, but I have no doubts that this will never happen. Mint cannot pre-install potentially problematic workarounds for any third-party software that doesn't provide compatible packages, that would be crazy.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Suggestion to pre-create symbolic links for Davinci Resolve

Post by Hoser Rob »

As mentioned, Mint itself or this forum have nothing to do with that program.

And if such a silly procedure is required just to install that to me indicates poor Linux support.

Which is also strongly indicated by not getting x264 codec support in the free Linux version (AFAIK the copytight for x264 lapsed anyway so I can't see a goood reason for this). That makes the program kind of unusable.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Sound”