bluetooth bose soundlink not working

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Dos Santos
Level 1
Level 1

bluetooth bose soundlink not working

Post by Dos Santos » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:21 pm

help!!!

in the bluetooth menu the device (it's a bluetooth speaker of the brand bose) appears. i can connect but the connections doesn't seem to be right.
The device is not shown in the sound-output menu. the device itself keeps indicating that ist's not connected. I am using a satellite radius convertible. With my bluetooth headphone i ve got no problems. The bose-speakers work with the cellphone without any problems. maybe I ve got a driver problem?

Thank you for help...

bbenson66
Level 1
Level 1

Re: bluetooth bose soundlink not working

Post by bbenson66 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Having the same problem here with the Bose Color Soundlink. The device is paired as "Headphones" but does not appear in the sound settings. This is a fresh install of 19 (second day).

bbenson66
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bbenson66 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:49 pm

I was able to get my Bose Color Soundlink to show up in the sound settings by removing the bluetooth device, then re-adding after turning off "Receive files from remote devices".

MrEen
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MrEen » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:01 pm

Hi bbenson66, and welcome to the forum.

Thank you for posting your solution to this issue as it will hopefully help others. Bluetooth is not something I have experience with, so I've had very little success trying to help others that have/had the same problem.

Hopefully, this will help Dos Santos as well.

Return to “Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs”