bluetooth bose soundlink not working

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Dos Santos

bluetooth bose soundlink not working

Post by Dos Santos »

help!!!

in the bluetooth menu the device (it's a bluetooth speaker of the brand bose) appears. i can connect but the connections doesn't seem to be right.
The device is not shown in the sound-output menu. the device itself keeps indicating that ist's not connected. I am using a satellite radius convertible. With my bluetooth headphone i ve got no problems. The bose-speakers work with the cellphone without any problems. maybe I ve got a driver problem?

Thank you for help...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bbenson66

Re: bluetooth bose soundlink not working

Post by bbenson66 »

Having the same problem here with the Bose Color Soundlink. The device is paired as "Headphones" but does not appear in the sound settings. This is a fresh install of 19 (second day).
bbenson66

Post by bbenson66 »

I was able to get my Bose Color Soundlink to show up in the sound settings by removing the bluetooth device, then re-adding after turning off "Receive files from remote devices".
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Hi bbenson66, and welcome to the forum.

Thank you for posting your solution to this issue as it will hopefully help others. Bluetooth is not something I have experience with, so I've had very little success trying to help others that have/had the same problem.

Hopefully, this will help Dos Santos as well.
newbek

Post by newbek »

I have spent hours trying to figure out why my speakers were connecting but having no sound.

Turning off the 'Receive files from remote devices' worked for me too, thank you bbenson66 :D

Return to “Sound”