[TROUBLE] When I play music, sound player repeat some seconds of tracks

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iHusky

[TROUBLE] When I play music, sound player repeat some seconds of tracks

Post by iHusky »

Hi,

I have strange issue, when I play music (no matter if I use google chrome, or Google Music for Desktop) sometimes or few times in one track I hear that sound repeat previous one or 2 seconds and start play normal again. I had this problem before, but I reinstalled Linux and everything was ok, but I reinstalled some days ago Linux again and now I have this problem :(

There is no matter if I use speakers or headphones

One thing which I changed was enable subwoofer in Lenovo Y50-70 but this is not source of this problem, because I do this everytime when I install Linux Mint and in previous time I don`t have this problem.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Re: [TROUBLE] When I play music, sound player repeat some seconds of tracks

Post by phd21 »

HI iHusky,

It would help to know more about your system setup. If you run "inxi -Fxzd" and "lsusb" from the console terminal prompt, highlight the results, copy and paste them back here, that should provide enough information.

Would also help to know what website and or music applications you are using when this happens. Is Google Music for Desktop all you have tried, and how did you install that? Are these files on your computer or stored on Google Music, Google Drive, or some website, etc... Is this just Google Music or other websites as well?
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & xKDE (Mint Xfce + Kubuntu KDE) & KDE Neon 64-bit (new based on Ubuntu 20.04) Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573) 2 in 1 touch screen, Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, Intel 4 Graphics.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

HI iHusky,

Okay, I searched the Internet for this application and installed it using the "64-bit deb" file from the link below.

Google Play Music Desktop Player
https://www.googleplaymusicdesktopplayer.com/

MarshallOfSound/Google-Play-Music-Desktop-Player-UNOFFICIAL-: A beautiful cross platform Desktop Player for Google Play Music - scroll down and click the faqs
https://github.com/MarshallOfSound/Goog ... NOFFICIAL-

You may need to restart your computer or at least logout and back in before you see menu items and for it to work properly.

It runs fine on my Linux Mint KDE 18.3 system.

I could not find out how to add my local music collection to this application (yet), or how to upload to my Google Play account using this application, but uploading works through their webpage?

FYI: I am pretty sure other music applications can also access your Google Play files.

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & xKDE (Mint Xfce + Kubuntu KDE) & KDE Neon 64-bit (new based on Ubuntu 20.04) Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573) 2 in 1 touch screen, Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, Intel 4 Graphics.
iHusky

Post by iHusky »

Ok this is result of:

1. inxi -Fxzd https://pastebin.com/LzxKJ0Xj
2. lsusb command https://pastebin.com/68nbifAP

I keep all my music in Google Drive and add it to Google Music, sometimes I use google music for desktop to listen music. On youtube.com I have this problem too :(
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi iHusky,

FYI: It is easier to just copy and paste the results of the console terminal commands directly in your post/reply rather than use "pastebin" where we can see the results without clicking other links. You are using Linux Mint Cinnamon 19 64-bit. I do not see anything wrong with the results of the "inxi -Fxzd" console terminal command, so that is a good thing.

iHusky wrote:I keep all my music in Google Drive and add it to Google Music, sometimes I use google music for desktop to listen music. On youtube.com I have this problem too :(
The YouTube feature of this music app is experimental according to their info links. I have not tried that yet, but their other streaming options work well.

Besides playing YouTube videos through a browser, there are other applications that can play YouTube videos like the superb SMplayer' s "SMtube", "GTK YouTube Viewer", etc ... There may even be "applets", "desklets", and or "widgets" for this as well.

SMPlayer Youtube Browser. Play YouTube videos with your favorite media player
https://www.smtube.org/

linux ubuntu 18.04 youtube app - Google Search
https://www.google.com/search?ei=JHO_W- ... NtuPKAGO5c

- Clementine looks like it can use Google Drive for playing music although I have not tested that and not sure if that is the same as Google Play or not.

Hope this helps ...
iHusky

Post by iHusky »

I installed system updates and restart system and now everything is ok, maybe sometimes system don`t load some services and I have this problem.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi iHusky,

That's good news and updating the system with recommended updates and restarting is usually a good thing to do anyway.

Although the Google Play application for Linux seems to work fine, I would not want to be limited to having all my music stored on the Google Play website requiring Internet access to play them. I recommend that you also have your music files on your local hard drive (downloading from Google Play if necessary) because there are so many excellent music applications for Linux with all kinds of good features.

FYI: You can use any Internet cloud provider and their Linux sync client to have remote music collections hosted on a cloud account available to any music application as long as you have the cloud provider's music folder(s) shared with your Linux desktop.
iHusky

Post by iHusky »

It`s not good option for me, because I have a small SSD (240GB) and I have a lot of playlist created smote times ao, I have 600 song in 12 playlist at now, so it will be difficully to recreate this list in another music app.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi iHusky,

If you read the second part of my last reply, you could store those songs and playlist files on a free or paid for cloud storage and specify to share and sync the music folder from your cloud provider's Linux client which creates a folder on your Linux system, then any music application can use that as part of the "music collection". Most music and multimedia applications can play various playlist files and they can be converted to various other playlist file types if need be. FYI: "pcloud" offers free 10gb of storage and an excellent Linux sync client, "Mega.nz" offers 50gb of free storage, encryption, and an excellent Linux client, and Google Drive offers 15gb of free storage, and there are a few different Linux options for accessing this, but the paid for "insync" client is the best IMHO, and there are other cloud provider's of course.

I would think even with an SSD 240gb drive, you could probably have 600+ songs with the playlists on that without eating up too much space.

Some of the music applications also have some pretty cool and great playlist options.

Return to “Sound”