Streaming recording

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mercuzio
Level 3
Level 3

Streaming recording

Post by Mercuzio »

I'd like to record the streaming of an italian radio broadcast. Which software shoud I use ? Is there also available a site or service wich could make it for me setting the beginning time, the address, etc, ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kukamuumuka

Re: Streaming recording

Post by kukamuumuka »

Do you have radio's URL (address)?
BlackJackMarcus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by BlackJackMarcus »

I use "Streamripper" from the command line, use streamripper -help for all the options. Works like magic. I didn't see an option for starting recording, however you can tell it to quit after so many Meg/Gigs or seconds. As an example I usually use at the command line: streamripper (URL) -d (destination directory) -u winamp --xs2 (the alternative algorithm for detecting silence) Streamripper saves tracks in the format it is received so no transcoding.
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

BlackJackMarcus wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:33 am I use "Streamripper" from the command line, use streamripper -help for all the options. Works like magic. I didn't see an option for starting recording, however you can tell it to quit after so many Meg/Gigs or seconds. As an example I usually use at the command line: streamripper (URL) -d (destination directory) -u winamp --xs2 (the alternative algorithm for detecting silence) Streamripper saves tracks in the format it is received so no transcoding.
Via GUI by installing Streamtuner2 and Streamripper
streamtuner2.jpg
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

If you have problems with the stream-grabbing software, you can record "what you hear":
https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tut ... linux.html
There (almost certainly) won't be any noticeable difference in audio quality.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?

Return to “Sound”