Sound just fails

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
endusermint
Level 2
Level 2

Sound just fails

Post by endusermint »

OK, so from a hardware use perspective its pretty simple; use headphones, or turn on the speakers using the power button that is built in, if I want sound.

First and foremost, I would love an audio toggle hotkey built into the distro (one or two click toggle to the opposite setting of speaker or headset). I currently don't bother to own speakers since this has been a persistent problem for me with Linux across multiple distros. For some reason they don't play nice.

I always use Logitech G series headsets for the form factor (and superficial aesthetic). The specific speakers do not matter to me; but the idea of speakers in general is good. I'm either "plugged in and silent to the world"; or "let me clean my room without a cable at my neck".

Two notable problems (Mint specific) are that my headphones just fail whenever they want to, and disappear from the the list of sound sources, and The window to select the audio source you want to use is insufficient in size to see the list of options available. : this latter issue is the biggest concern to me. I cant see that I don't see the full list of options at first glance. This is a bug in my opinion. Please eliminate fixed window sizes if the window is used to hide the options available I doubt any general user has more than 12 sound devices on their system. We should be able to see a full list sized to the list length without the need to scroll.

I'm sure this can be simplified into a simple toggle.

I would love to hear some feedback. thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Sound just fails

Post by Hoser Rob »

Linux audio? SImple? I wish.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Sound”